Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Making it

It passed...with a few swigs of cold morning coffee and a salad of just vinegar and tomatoes, the hunger passed.

Now it's just waiting for fondue. Why is it that the first few days of restarting an improved way of eating is so consuming. I think of food all the time...the choices, the things that should be ignored, the things that I should eat more of.

And then there's the bliss of WW's. How many points in an item? How many calories, grams of fat, grams of fiber? Slide the point counter. Mark your tracker....it's an all-consuming activity.

The bigger question sometimes is....Is this what I need? Is my issue really based on a food level...or should I throw this whole scenario to the side and focus on the emotional reason why I think that 6 quesadillas is okay to consume? I guess that's always the issue.

But for now, I'm making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment