Wednesday, April 1, 2009

100 days to go: This is it!


I feel like sludge is in my veins. It's the "official" start date of my 100 day adventure. 100 days until I wed the most incredible man. 100 days for me to really focus on becoming healthier and stronger.

I suppose it shouldn't end after 100 days. The days of spreading unlimited peanut butter on mounds of bread and shoveling handfuls of nuts and chocolate into my mouth with total disregard must end. My worst fear is that my food issues continue to unravel and any future children (if we're lucky to have them) will also have crazy hang ups about eating.

This morning I feel slow. The fondue spectacular was a wonderful treat for me physically; but I was not up to the challenge mentally. Bread chunks bathed in cheese, chicken and shrimp boiled in broth, and cheesecake squares sunk into a pool of milk chocolate. My stomach has a symphony of food...and is still working on it. It's uncomfortable.

But, I figure, what a better way to solidify the start of my adventure.

In 100 days, I commit to:

being more mindful and present when I eat
slowing down to enjoy and relish the people I'm eating with...not just the food
asking myself before stuffing food in my mouth, "Is this the best choice?"

Now, hopefully, these commitments lead to weight loss. I totally want to be thinner by the "big day." I don't want mounds of flesh and untoned arms poking out of the rented designer dress. I want the photographs for decades to come to remind of that day and not of all the food that I ate.

So, let's begin.

Thus far, a packet of oatmeal and 1/2 banana have dived into the fondue pot of my belly. It's still crowded in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment