Wednesday, April 8, 2009

93 days to go: Back on track!

I am totally rejuvenated today! My workout was intense....a 2o minute walk/jog to Curves, a killer circuit-training experience there, and then a 20 minute walk/jog back home.

I am hopped up! Rarin' to go....and I'm not going to repeat yesterday's idiocy again today. The over-consumption of food (when I'm not hungry) is what got me here. It's not that I don't exercise, or drink water, or eat too much cake....it's regular old food on steriod portions.

Portion control is my nemesis. Are you seriously telling me that 1 cup of pasta is a serving. I could eat 3 cups without blinking. And 1/2 cup of tomato sauce (the healthy kind) is not usually my cup'o tea. And speaking of tea....those drinks at the coffee shop call to me.

I can do this. I am going to do this. This time is different. Here's why:

  • I am writing this blog daily until the wedding. I WILL NOT miss a day (unless something super-crazy happens) and I will remain HONEST each day. I don't want to look back and see honest slacking or honest over-eating most days. That would be stupid.

  • I have started posting on the WW community webboard to make new contacts that are on the same program. There are 12 of us who have joined a "Summer 25 Challenge." That's lose about 25 lbs. by the end of summer.

  • I want to be in shape and healthy when I get married and also as we approach the years of trying to have babies. I don't want to already be heavy and then pregnant....it seems to just compound the issue.

So, those are the 3 reasons why this time is different. If I just keep blogging and tracking, I can shrink. I know that no one really reads this but it is here to keep me accountable. I will be called "chubby" no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment