Wednesday, April 15, 2009

87 & 86 days to go - by a thread

I feel as if only by a fine thread am I still holding on to any motivation. Oh, I don't know....somewhere deep inside is the desire, the will, the motivation...but the daily confrontation of temptations seem to often win over common sense and good decisions.

I went 24 points OVER my daily max yesterday. Okay, so I took them out of my flex account....but 24 points. What does my body do with that exactly? I can only imagine that in one fell swoop like that it just collects and pools in my fat cells. I am tired of trying and tired of staying the same.

What am I talking about? I have lost 5 lbs. in the 2 weeks since I started this journey.

So, today on official day 86.....I have eaten 7 points and it's almost 7 pm. That's a luscious 17 points that I can still enjoy tonight with my salmon dinner and asparagus salad. That sounds just perfect.

I will cook again and throw myself into the delight of making a healthy and satsifying meal. I can do this. Can't I? Yes, I can. I can focus and pool my resources, my energy, my positivity and make this happen.

Aahhhhhhhhh.....to dive into the fridge for those "good" ingredients and bypass the cheeses (a gift from my Grandma) and bypass the pumpkin pie (that M refuses to just finish already)....is going to be a challenge.

What can I do?

Have a goal...a mission...a directive.

I will drink a few glasses of water, go into the fridge having consulted the cookbook first, grab only what I need for the salmon/salad meal.

Commit to writing down EVERY point tonight. Do not go over the 17 I have left. Pack a healthy lunch for tomorrow.

That feels better.

86 days. Holy Cow (or I'd rather say sch-iz-nit....If I thought it was appropriate for the blog-o).

No comments:

Post a Comment