Monday, April 6, 2009

95 days to go: Salad....can I make one?

Bags of lettuce and arugula line my fridge shelves. Ripe red tomatoes, red peppers and asparagus spears fill the drawers....yet no salad enters my mouth. When faced with the pervasive hunger of afternoon (my bewitching hours), I often dive into tortillas, bread, cheese on bread....basically a carb fest.

But right now I am going to make a salad. Something about putting it down here will encourage me to do it. What a silly goose I'll be if I take the time to write all of this and then go an microwave a quesadilla (yup, a tortilla with a slice of cheese on a paper towel....high class, that's me).

So, to salad world I go.

Maybe I'll take a picture too....that will really make me lumber into the chopping arena for a few minutes to give my body a next to zero point meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment